City House Youth Advisory Board is a group of young leaders within Collin County that will serve in key leadership roles for City House, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization serving at risk youth in Collin County. The goal of the Youth Advisory leaders is to help educate, advocate, and ultimately reduce youth abuse and homelessness within Collin County. Serving on the Youth Advisory Board will provide a unique opportunity for a select group of youth to develop specific skills and gain the hands-on experience needed to excel in future leadership positions while simultaneously giving back to their community.
As part of this program, participants will gain thorough insight into City House, as well as other charitable organizations that service youth within their local community. They will be given opportunities to lead an annual outreach event; educate students and staff of local schools on City House services; demonstrate leadership among advisory board peers from neighboring high schools and network with key influencers from nonprofit organizations, government, and business sectors of Collin County.
- City House Advisory Board will be accepting applications from June 1 – October 1 for a program start date that will begin in November and run for one year. See below for links to the application and reference forms.
- Students who are currently enrolled in the 9th grade - 11th grade are eligible to apply if they attend a High School either public or private within Collin County.
- Support from school administration is mandatory as youth board members will be leading youth outreach within their school.
- Between one and three students will be selected from any High School in Collin County.
- Students are required to attend the first two sessions and subsequent monthly sessions for a minimum of 8 sessions per year. (excused absences based on illness, extracurricular activities, medical appointments etc. will be considered on a case by case basis).
- There is no fee to apply or participate on the City House Youth Advisory Board.
- Monthly meeting content includes: Discussion around outreach opportunities, presentations from City House leadership or board members to educate the board on potential needs in the community, networking opportunities with key leaders from government and business within Collin County, group sharing and strategy discussion.
- Meeting calendar to be discussed and voted on at first meeting.
To apply please submit your completed application and two complete references below.