Full Time, Exempt Status
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
General Purpose: Responsible for managing the general accounting function. Oversees the completion of ledger accounts and financial statements. Evaluates and makes appropriate improvements to internal accounting processes ensuring that practices are in line with the overall goals of the organization. Provides assistance to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and works closely with the Director of Operations.
- Provides fiscal controls by making all deposits.
- Tracks all revenue and expense items in an accounting software system and generates monthly financial statements for the Treasurer of the Board of Directors and CEO.
- Generates monthly general ledgers for the Treasurer and CEO.
- Maintains and generates financial reports for agency grants.
- Prepares monthly billing invoices for residential billing to include reconciliation and follow-up as needed to ensure accurate accounts are maintained and payments are received.
- Maintains a filing system for all receipts, invoices and other financial documents.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
- Code documents according to company procedures.
- Accounts payable processing of payments.
- Reconciliation of bank statements.
- Provides documentation as requested for the annual audit as well as other monitoring visits and grant related audits.
- Completes payroll twice semi-monthly per timesheets collected by departmental supervisors.
- Maintains monthly cost allocation spreadsheets.
- Performs other assignments and duties as needed and requested by the Chief Executive Officer, Treasurer/Finance Committee.
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business with an emphasis in Accounting.
- Five year's experience providing bookkeeping services to an organization or company, preferably with non-profit experience.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written.
- Exceptional reporting and analytical skills.
- Experience in standard office equipment and software: Quickbooks, Excel, Word, etc.
- Exceptional organizational skills. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the public. Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision, if needed.
General Agency Requirements:
- Reports immediately any suspected child abuse/neglect of a child.
- Maintains licensing credentials as required and attend agency in-service education as needed.
- Sets high standard of professional, technical, personal conduct, and competence for subordinate personnel.
- Emphasizes safety to keep employee injury to a minimum.
- Minimum physical requirements:
- Ability to use up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force continuously to move objects and people.
- Good depth perception and field of vision required.
- Ability to bend, stoop, twist, turn, reach, lift, carry, pull, climb, and kneel, with approximately 50% of the time spent walking and standing.
- Ability to recognize differences in sound, such as voices/noises that are loud and playful instead of angry and combative, and the ability to differentiate tone and volumes in conversations.
- Current Driver's License
- All positions are funded through grant funding and donations and are subject to termination if funding ceases.
Please send completed Employment Application and resume to Sherry Markham firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open Employment Application, complete and save it, and then email it and your resume to the hiring manager. (PDF)