Salary; Exempt Status
Reports To: TLP Shelter Program Manager
General Purpose: Implement the responsibilities of overseeing staffing supervision and program management for Transitional Living and Rapid Re-Housing Programs as a fundamental part of the Transitional Living Program team while reporting directly to Sr. Director of Programs.
- Hiring of TLP direct care staff working directly with the residential clients.
- Conducting orientation (first 90-day), semi-annual and annual reviews
- Managing all staff schedule while continuing to program guidelines and policy
- Maintain all direct care staff files per program guidelines, policy and agency HR policy
- Implementing new hire training
- Implementing continued education training
- Maintaining all TLP direct care staff trainings
- Maintain any trainer certification needed to conduct necessary trainings for staff
- Ensuring appropriate supervision and care is provided to residents in accordance with program guidelines and policy
- Developing and implementing TLP and RRH program strategic plan
- Working with agency leadership on program policies regarding staff, program exaptation, and client needs
- Implementing positive focused action plan for program and clients
- Working with Director of Volunteers to manage work groups and needs for work groups
- Development of mentorship and enrichment programs within TLP and working with volunteer support within these programs
- Coordinating all household needs with volunteer maintenance workers
- Maintaining all annual and semi-annual inspections and drills including but not limited to fire and weather drills, and household inspection,
- Knowledge and understanding from a social work perspective of basic needs at-risk youth ages 18-21 yrs old
- Knowledge and experience working with at-risk youth ages 18-21 yrs
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in social work (or related field) and minimum of two year experience in leadership role with management/supervisory experience in a residential setting OR Master’s Degree in social work (or related field) and one year experience in leadership role with management/supervisory experience in a residential setting
- Minimum of three-five years of experience working with children in a residential setting with at risk youth/young adult or related experience.
- Knowledge of issues related to young adult homelessness, abuse and neglect
- Preferred experience maintaining a multi-level budget.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written. Effective organizational skills. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the public as well as volunteers.
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision.
- Valid Texas driver's license and insurance and be at least 21 years of age.
- CPR, First Aid and Emergency Behavior Intervention certification must be current, or obtained within 60 days of hire and maintained as required.
Full-Time Weekday (Monday – Friday)
1st shift 6am-2:30pm (30-min break)
Part-Time Weekend (Saturday & Sunday)
2nd shift 2pm-10:30pm (30-min break)
Overnight Part-Time Weekend (Friday & Saturday)
10pm-6:30am (30-min break)
PRN (Any shift that may fit your schedule of availability)
All shifts are the same Weekdays & Weekends:
-1st Shift: 6am-2:30pm (30-min break)
-Mid Shift: 10am-6:30pm (30-min break)
-2nd Shift: 2pm-10:30pm (30-min break)
-Overnight: 10pm-6:30am (30-min break)
Please send completed Employment Application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open Employment Application, complete and save it, and then email it and your resume to the hiring manager. (PDF)